Your saliva is more essential than you think. According to the Trust in the Strength of Saliva article, your saliva works hard to also protect your teeth against bacteria that causes decay. It is essential to your oral health.
Have issues with dry mouth? Did you know dry mouth can be caused by a number of sources but not limited to:
- Insufficient water intake
- Dehydration from physical activity
- Mouth breathing or smoking
- Dehydration from high intake of caffeine or alcohol (e.g., coffee, energy drinks and soft drinks)
- Cancer treatments
- Certain prescription medications
At our office, we recommend and offer GC Dry Mouth Gel to provide comfort to individuals who may be suffering from dry mouth. Dry mouth is a common problem often seen in individuals with impaired production of saliva from medications, radiation treatment or diseases that can damage the salivary glands, for example.
If you are suffering from dry mouth and have questions or concerns, please give us a call at 404-355-2001.
#atlantadentist #atlantadentistry #paulfreeman #dentist30309